Sunday, January 18, 2009


Now that winter is in full swing, it is harder to get motivated for going out where the pictures are. Not too many photos are going to pop up while sitting on my couch. It is just that it is a little bit chilly out. Minus 17 puts me in a stay inside frame of mind.
But now it is +28 so that is practically T-shirt weather. The Adams Street bridge shot at the right was taken a few weeks ago before we had more snow, so perhaps today will provide the motivation to get out and start looking.
I saw in a mailer from the Hayner that there is a paper making class in February. For some reason, this really has my interest. Plus my friend Suzy knows how to do a process to transfer photos to paper. I don't know the details yet, but making transfer prints onto paper that I made just has me psyched to try some experimental mediums. I want to do something a little different that the average photo and that may be a new creative means. A sort of bridge throught the fog to a new shore (to make a cheesy comparison to my blog post pic - the "bpp").
If you have not checked out Whitney's blog from Hong Kong, give it a click. She has some beautiful shots both daylight and night from Hong Kong. Makes me wish I was there.

No comments: