Saturday, October 11, 2008

Fog

My mind is in a fog partially from a cold and partially from focusing on getting photos matted and framed for a show at Night Sky. It is a lot of work cutting the mat board and measuring. Just procuring the frames was a more extended process because no one store had enough and I had to run around all over Dayton getting the ones I wanted. Certainly being out and pressing the shutter is the fun part. Finishing the whole process through to a framed photo causes me to have to stay on task and be disciplined when I would rather "go out and play". It was like being in school and having homework and seeing the other kids out playing ball. I remember a particular Sunday afternoon working on an Ohio History notebook (remember those Nelson Olmstead films in 7th grade?) while there was a baseball game going on in Zimpfer's yard. It was agony to stay inside and work on that silly notebook.
Framing the pictures was not agony by any stretch, but not as fun as hiking out in the woods or riding a bike on the back roads. But Larry and Jordan both rescued me last weekend with a few hours of biking as a great break.

When the photos go up at Night Sky, then that circuit will be complete and I can start on a new cycle of collecting a new set of photos and looking through the lens and pressing that shutter button.

No comments: